For up to date information, including the COVID vaccination programme see our facebook page. You do not need to have a facebook account to view this page
We want to let you know what is happening here at Mosborough Health Centre.
The COVID-19 pandemic has led to a number of changes in the way we all live our lives and how you as patients have accessed health care. Firstly, we wanted to say we are committed to providing excellent individualised care to all our patients and at times this has been hard over the last 15 months. Some of you may have seen the recent media coverage (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57229848
) of the pressures that GP surgeries are now coming under as we continue to come out of lockdown. At Mosborough we have noticed significant increased demand for appointments over the last couple of months. We are aware that contacting the surgery has been increasingly difficult for patients as a result of the increasing demand and wanted to make sure you all know we are working as hard as we can to provide the best care we can.
To try and help meet the demand we are hoping to see more patients efficiently and make sure we are delivering safe care we are going to be making changes to our GP appointment system from Monday 14th June. We are:
• Increasing the number of GP appointments available to book on the day each morning from 8am.
• Making 50% of GP appointments available to be directly booked in as face-to-face consultations.
• Introducing GP appointments that are available to be booked 7 days in advance.
• Offering estimated times for call backs (90 minute windows) for patients booked into telephone appointments.
To do this we have to make some other changes to allow us to continue to provide follow up care for more complex patients and problems:
• We will no longer be offering book on the day telephone appointments available at 2pm in the afternoons, you will need to call at 8am for a same day appointment.
• There will still be a duty doctor available in the afternoon but they will only be dealing with urgent problems that can’t wait until the following morning.
By doing this we hope that more patients will be able to access appointments when they need them and be able to access an appropriate appointment type for them without some of duplication within the current system.
To help us make the new system a success we need your help. We appreciate the phones are very busy at 8am each morning and the phone system can be frustrating to navigate at times. Unfortunately we are limited by phone system which we are unable to change and restrictions on staff imposed by COVID-19 working practices limiting the number of people we can have answering the phones at one time. Our reception team work incredibly hard to answer calls as quickly as possible but you can help them out in this as well.
• Please only call between 8am and 10am if you need to book an appointment or request a home visit for that day. Reception will not be able to deal with any other requests between these times.
• If you have other issues to discuss such as routine prescription request, referrals to follow up or test results to request please call back after 10am or complete an online request (https://florey.accurx.com/p/C88078
) which can be found on the practice website.
• Use the link above to request routine appointments and sick note extensions and to get advice on managing minor illness at home.
• Use pharmacy minor illness service for medicines for conditions such as hay fever, skin problems and aches and pains.
• Please don’t spend 2 minutes moaning about how long you’ve been on hold, this just means everyone else in the queue is waiting 2 minutes longer.
• Please provide brief description of your problem when asked. This will help prioritise patients appropriately and move on to the next patient in the queue.
• Be patient – we now have more appointments so there may be slots still available later in the morning than previously.
Finally please only book a face to face appointment if it is required clinically and don’t try to book one if you are unwell with COVID symptoms (Persistent Cough, Fever or altered taste or smell), are self-isolating, in quarantine following foreign travel or awaiting the results of a COVID PCR test
We hope that the new system will make contacting the surgery a less stressful experience but please be patient with us at what still is a very busy time for the NHS.
How rising patient numbers threaten to overwhelm GPs
Patients are struggling to get appointments as GPs report a surge in a
Mosborough Health Centre
Welcome along to our surgery website where we hope you will find a wealth of information about our surgery and healthcare services. Find out when we’re open and what to do when we’re not, all from the comfort of your own home.
One Click Away
Ordering a repeat prescription is just a click away. And if you’re not yet registered with us you can download the necessary forms here too.
We are now able to offer free wi-fi to our patients and visitors. To access this, please look for NHS-WIFI when connecting and log in with your email address to gain access.
Health and Happiness
Our team are dedicated to your continued good health and approach your care with professionalism, discretion and friendliness. You can count on a warm welcome from everyone involved here at the practice.
If you think you may have difficulty getting into the centre, please telephone before you come and a member of staff will be available to help you on arrival.
Friends and Family Test
The Friends and Family Test is a way of gathering feedback on the care you receive from us. To enable us to do this, we are asking patients visiting the surgery to complete a post card anonymously to give us an idea of how we can help to offer the best possible care. The post cards and the post box are located on the reception desk. Alternatively, please click on the Friends and Family Test button and complete the survey electronically.
(Site updated 23/05/2022)